That is the daily question!! Well my mother in law gave me about 40 cook books.... not joking, so I decided to use a couple of them. I really do love looking through cook books....and enjoy cooking! Kade is a great chef himself. He usually helps with dinner every day and is so fun to cook with! Here's what's cookin tonight.
Corn Chowder
2Tbsp margarine or butter
1 cup chopped onion
1 1/2 c. peeled and chopped potatoes
4 cups milk
1/4 c non-instant powdered milk
2 cups fresh or canned corn
1/4 tsp paprika
fresh ground pepper
salt
parsley
Melt margarine in heavy soup pan. Saute onion and potatoes in the butter for 5 min. Add milk(already mixed with powdered milk, corn,and paprika. Cover and simmer until vegetables are tender. Garnish with salt, pepper, parsley. (Can be thickened by adding instant potato pearls.
Corn Bread
1 c. flour
3 1/2tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 1/2 Tbsp. sugar
1 c. yellow cornmeal
2 eggs
1 c. milk
1/4 c. melted butter
Sift dry ingredients together into a large mixing bowl. Make a small hole in the center of the mixture. Add eggs(Kade's favorite part....he can crack the eggs himself:) and milk. Stir only until dry ingredients are moistened. Add melted butter. Pour batter into a greased 8x8 baking pan. Bake 400 for 30 min or until lightly golden brown.
Monday, October 13, 2008
What's For Dinner Mom?
Posted by Brit at 2:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Mmmmm, sounds yummy! I love it when people post recipes.
What a good wife and mom you are! I really need to learn how to cook. That receipe looks like something I can handle I will have to give it a try.
patrick came home from work and said he wants to make your corn chowder. I hadn't read your blog yet and was so confused :) it sound yummy! Can you use butter instead of margerine?
Jeanie! Did he make it for you? Yes, I dont use margarine at all...we use Smart Balance (like butter, just better for you....as good as butter can get for you!:)
This looks delightful. this time of year I always get crazy warm hearty food like this, I am going to give it a try.
How long til new baby
Post a Comment