Happy Father's Day! When I think about what an influence Father's & Dad's have in their kids lives I get a little emotional. I was so lucky to grow up with a Dad who was/is so involved in my life. I remember waking up at 6am riding on the tailgate to the boys baseball practices, Thurs-Dad's home, winchells donuts, going to the neighbors to get a ponytail in my hair, cold hotdogs chopped up in the eggs, and a day full of fun.
I love to sit and watch when Dave comes home from work and the kids attack him, yelling MONSTER, can you come play STEAMROLLER?, jumping on his back, and it hasn't taken Rod long to join in on the wrestling and excitement. Last weekend Dave spent 2 full days building a sandbox in the backyard with railroad ties, trips to home depot-loading up the truck with 40 bags of sand...and it could use another 20. Seeing him out there working with the kids makes me realize, sit back and so Thankful for such an incredible husband and Dad in our kids lives. There's no way we could be having so many kids without a hubby like Dave! Love you-Happy Father's Day!
Sunday, June 20, 2010
Father's Day
Posted by Brit at 6:37 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That was a very sweet post to read. I think your dad is one of a kind and definitely cared about all of you. Sounds like you have a one of kind husband too:)
That post was so fun to read.
I remember driving to the airport with dave to pick you up and talking to him about the "tree" analogy. ask him if he remembers.
i look up to dave so much. he is such an amazing guy, husband, and dad. AND, he became a 5th big brother to me REALLY fast. thanks for being there for me so much dave.
we love you
i also remember thursdays with dad. mine were a bit different. corn dogs at "country shopper" and then going to play at the providence elementary playground. heaven.
Post a Comment