Healthy Sugar Cookie Recipe
If anyone is going to be making sugar cookies with their kids for Valentine's day, or just for fun, here is a recipe we like.
Sugar Cookies
11/2 cups sugar
2/3 c smart balance butter
2 eggs, beaten
2 Tbsp milk
1 tsp. vanilla or almond extract
31/4 c whole wheat flour(hard white wheat)
1 tsp. cream of tartar
1/2 tsp salt
Cream sugar and butter. Add eggs, milk, and extract. Mix dry ingredients together and beat into cream mixture. Shape into balls, wrap and refrigerate at least one hour.
Lone or grease cookie sheets. On lightly floured surface, roll about 1/3 of the dough at ta time, keeping the rest in frig or covered. For soft cookies, roll 1/4-in thick. Cut into shapes, (we like making mini hearts).
Place cookies on sheets. Bake at 400 about 8 min. Remove and cool.
Frost with Strawberry Cream cheese frosting.
Enjoy!
Saturday, January 22, 2011
Yummy Sugar Cookies
Posted by Brit at 9:39 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
thanks! v day is creeping up! anything fun planned? i love the new picture at the top. you're beautiful.
We will have to try this one.
ps. I am headed right now to go comment on your traveling husband post.
pps. I know I am late but thanks for your card that you sent and your sweet note on the back. I wish we lived closer. I sure love you.
Post a Comment