Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Reflection






Brit-Kera-Anna-Kylene at Grandma Call's funeral

I have been reading my Grandma Call's book at night with Emi before she goes to bed. I loved this paragraph. She was such an incredible example of this. I also love how she says it is the most difficult task. Reading through some of the things she went through with Grandpa being gone all the time and sleeping at the hotel while he was building and trying to get things going with that. Grandma had 4-5 children at that time, alone at nights, willing to do what needed to be done in order to support her husband. I am so glad she wrote these things down and kept a journal.

God gave women the most important job on this great earth-to create and rear children and make home a holy place where love and unity abide. Rearing a child to live honestly, righteously, and justly is a mother's best way of helping the world. In my opinion, our children are the most important persons in the world we can teach. Motherhood has always beena full-time job. It requires all of the love, strength, and wisdom a woman can bring to it. It requires all the help she can get from God. It is the most difficult task in the world. It is also the most important and most rewarding.

2 comments:

Kylene said...

I read through Grandma's book too and it made me SO thankful that I am a part of her posterity. We are lucky.

Jo and Jeff said...

Great thoughts! What a woman full of wisdom... and you are too! See you soon!