Thursday, December 8, 2011

Plumber Brit

It has been a busy couple of days here. Dave has been in Mexico.
Rod and Owen discovered how fun it is to unroll the toilet paper and I have had to use my plumbing skills, which aren't very good. We had 2 out of 2 toilets blocked up and flooding over. 4x in 2 days.:-o These 2 boys are into everything so fast I can hardly keep up with them.
Emi is singing Silent NIght in Sacrament mtg on Sunday, and she and Dottie have a few more long practices this weekend to get ready for Nutcracker starting next week. Thur rehearsal, Perform Fri, 2x on Sat., Mon, Tue, Wed. Emi and Dottie are in all of the performances so we are in for a busy week.
Emi's choir sang at the Dicken's festival last week.
Dottie is loving preschool and we love watching her practice being a mouse and running across the stage.

A few of our favorite Christmas traditions are: Reading a card from our Nativity Advent Calendar each night before bed. Going to the Temple to see the lights, listen to the music and look at the manger. Going to Tuacahn to see the Live Nativity and ride the train, making gingerbread cookies and peanut butter cups. Delivering neighbor/friend treats. Taking the kids to the store and letting them pick out gifts for each other.
One of my favorite things to do is to snuggle up in a blanket by the fire at night when the kids are in bed. I remember growing up taking a sleeping bag and sleeping by the Christmas tree.

A couple days ago, I was starting to feel the overwhelming feeling coming on. Dave had just given me his travel schedule for the next few weeks. I took the next afternoon and was able to escape for 1 hour and go to the Temple. That short hour of peace does so much for me. I always come away with a different perspective on what really need to be done, what can wait, and what things can get dropped off the list.

I am excited to make Christmas cookies with the kids tomorrow. We have a neighborhood cookie exchange/appetizers tomorrow night.

2 comments:

Kevin and Heather said...

Brit you are absolutely amazing! I remember those peanut butter cups your mom would make at Christmas time, they were wonderful.

KIRSTEN said...

You are one AWESOME momma! Next time I am in need of a plumber, I will keep you in mind :)