Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Camping-Hiking in Snow Canyon


Camping out with Missy and Bryce

Friday night we headed up to Snow Canyon to camp overnight with the kids. We got up to camp just in time to set up the tents and enjoy a "lantern lit" dinner. Grilled Chicken-Thanks Bryce!, Chips and Salad. (Next time we will pack up a couple days in advance.)so we get there before the sun goes down. Emi, Kade and Dottie shared a tent. Dave, Rod and I shared another one. That worked out pretty good... better than I had imagined. Yes, I was a little nervous. Dave has been dying to go camping. Thank goodness for Father's and Son's Camp Trips! Dave, Kade, and Rod will be going again this weekend. The girls have some other plans in mind:)

Saturday morning we went on a 2 mile hike. We decided to take a different trail back than the one we came up on, and it put us up about a mile away from the car. We had a group of 8 kids and 6 adults headed back on the road. One of the kids must of put their thumb up, cause a pick-up came by just in time and offered us ALL a ride back to our cars. Dave was able to get everything packed up just in time before the rain started to pour down.

Thanks Missy, Bryce and Calvin!

4 comments:

The Huffs said...

That was so much fun! I think it was Dottie who put her thumb up... she was ready to be back to camp :) Cant wait til we camp again next year.

Kera said...

i am impressed! really. especially the fact that your kids will all go to sleep together. way to be fun parents and enjoy the great outdoors.
i love the picture.

Unknown said...

Cute pictures and sounds like fun! I have tried to call you a couple times in the last few days but never get you! I am sure your life is just crazy! Always fun to see your blog!

Kylene said...

You're brave to go camping with such a little one! Cute pic. I really need to come down and see you. It has been way too long.